Some statistics say that 80% of tourists get some kind of stomach issues in India. I don’t know if it’s true but I’m the one of those “lucky ones” who got a worse case of Diarrhoea in India.
Diarrhoea prevention tips
- Never drink unfiltered water. Use only bottled water and make sure it was properly closed when you bought it.
- When washing your toothbrush use bottled water
- When you shower keep your mouth closed
- Don’t eat street food especially in hot season when flies spread bacteria.
- Use dry-cleaning gel on your hands before eating
- Inform yourself about popular eating places- lonely planet has plenty of info
How to cure Diarrhoea?
Diarrhoea can cure on it’s own if you’re patient. When it happens, the body looses water and minerals. Therefor, it is important to drink water and add some salt to it- or you can use rehydromix solutions sold at any pharmacy. Avoid eating any food.
If your digestion flora is damaged than your body has a problem keeping water and minerals, they go out of the body. In that case you can use Carbo medicine. If problems don’t go away you might need to use antibiotic to kill the bacteria.